This is an essential topic that is not exclusive to beginners. Case preparation and OR etiquette are consistent themes in the career of a surgeon, so building good habits early will help in the long run.
In this episode we will cover:
- Recollections of first time in the OR
- Flow of tasks in the OR
- OR hierarchy
- OR personnel
- When is it appropriate to ask questions?
- How to prepare for cases as a medical student? What resources are useful?
- How does preparation change for an intern, junior resident, and senior resident?
- Breast reduction as example case
- What do residents hope to see from medical students both at the MS2 level and sub-Is?